Monday, September 20, 2010

Twilight Monk page 3... and a little color.

Everything seems to be progressing nicely with the book. I was really hoping to have something like maybe a postcard or something for the Long Beach Comic Con, but Im not sure if I can get anything done in time to get it printed. Up to this point, Ive got about 35 pages scripted and roughed out, but I spend about 6-8 hours on each B/W page. Doing a fully painted image would take an additional 15 or so hours. Another reason why I cant do the series in color... I paint and repaint it so much that sometimes I spend 20 hours on a painting.
Currently Im doing 45-50 hours a week at work, and Im doing a facebook game, and Im marketing Nova Colony, and trying to hit the gym 3-4 times a week. WHEW! Youd be amazed at all the little extra stuff that has to get done with a project like this. Making a banner ad for a website can end up taking 3-4 hours. When youve only got 3-4 hours a night of free time... lets just say Im running on very little sleep.
Heres a color version of Page 3 that I did a while back. Ill continue to post these as I have them, but some of these next few pages are being added in, and I dont have time to do them in color. This particular page was one of the first color tests that I did to try and find a style that I liked. In the end, I think it makes the world seem very whimsical... but perhaps tooooo whimsical. The color style will contrast a lot with the violent nature of the book as it progresses.
-Trent

2 comments:

wren said...

Some of your pages really blow me away. The depth you get in the layers of your backgrounds is great.

W

Siri said...

Good job!!